13 March 2016

imagining the new

it's been a while since i've posted (ok, years), but that doesn't mean i haven't been writing, thinking, processing. in fact, i've been doing a lot of personal writing in my journals - journals which i hope to someday publish. but for now, i've been thinking about the past 4 years, and where this journey has taken me. since my initial first experiences, assumptions, observations on the continent when i travelled to botswana in 2010, to my second visit the following year, to south africa in 2012. so much happened on that trip - it was life changing to say the least. those of you who know me, and have been following my journey and keeping in touch since then, will know that i now live in cape town and have been since 2012. i decided this was (and still is) where i need(ed) to be. the decision to come back - after my first experience here - was inevitable, intuitive. my intuition told me that there was something for me here - a purpose, or calling of sorts. i am still figuring out what that purpose is, but i can say this: the past 4 years have been immense in terms of experiences, observations, culture, introspection, self-development, transformation and growth. i learn more and more about this life, this country, and myself each and every time i open my eyes and take a new breath in - in fact, sometimes i find myself holding onto my breath, but i am always reminded to breathe again - in and out - deeply. for your breath takes you back to your centre, where it all began. and my vision for this blog is that i can take you on that journey with me - to the centre of myself, where i find meaning. as i reflect on and make meaning of the past, and look forward to reimagine the new. all the while breathing in the now.

2 comments:

  1. First step love..its all out. It's a happing. Keep the momentum as new discoveries taking place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First step love..its all out. It's a happing. Keep the momentum as new discoveries taking place.

    ReplyDelete